There are numerous reasons and benefits to incorporating cherries into your health and wellness plan or goals. This extraordinary fruit has 19 times more beta carotene than blueberries and strawberries! That makes cherries a rather impressive seasonal fruit. Though they are grown in twenty countries around the world, fresh cherries are only available in the U.S. from early June through the end of August.
1. Cherries have natural anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial for individuals who may be suffering the symptoms of arthritis or other joint pain and discomfort. They are also loaded with Vitamin C and fiber. Who couldn’t benefit from adding more of those things to their diet?
2. This super fruit has also been shown to lower the risk of heart disease. It is proven to reduce the fat content in the body and lower cholesterol, which will reduce your risk for a heart attack.
3. Cherries are the perfect addition to your diet if you are struggling to keep your blood sugar in check. This sweet treat has a very low glycemic index, which makes it a perfect snack for individuals trying to manage their diabetes. Cherries are widely recommended to diabetic patients as a sweet snack that is also low risk for blood sugar spikes.
4. This little miracle fruit is also a natural source of melatonin. Melatonin helps your body regulate it’s sleep cycle providing you with a better and more restful night’s sleep.
5. Cherries are loaded with antioxidants that have been shown to improve memory, as well as containing the antioxidant cyanidin, which promotes the ability for the body to fight against cancerous cell growth naturally.
Though only available for a short season, there really are some amazing and beneficial reasons to indulge yourself and your body with this fruit when it is readily available for you to do so. Whether you need to find better ways to manage your health or you just want to enjoy some of nature’s finest sweet tooth fixes, cherries can certainly be your go-to fruit. Cherries are a seasonal fruit, but you can enjoy That’s It Apples + Cherries bars year round! Healthy living is happy living!