Apples are a often considered a quintessential fruit in the US. But did you ever want to know more about these sweet and crisp healthy treats? Here are 9 ap-peeling apple facts.
9 Delicious and Juicy Apple Facts
- Apples are considered to be a part of the rose family.
- Apple trees take 4-5 years before they produce their first fruit.
- Apples float because 25% of its volume is air.
- Apples are fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free.
- There are approximately 7,500 kinds of apples worldwide.
- The average apple contains about 80 calories.
- Washington produces the largest number of apples in the United States.
- Thomas Jefferson founded the Fuji apple.
- Apples are grown in all 50 states.
Looking For Apples On-the-Go?
All of our OG That's it. fruit bars have one whole apple inside them! For some added apple love, try our spice-filled Apples + Cinnamon bar.