Have you ever wondered about cinnamon? Where does it come from? What are its health benefits? Well, we've got 10 fun facts on the wholly unique spice just for you.
- Cinnamon comes from the bark of the cinnamon tree.
- The cinnamon tree can grow up to 60 feet.
- Cinnamon sticks are also called quills.
- The 2 most popular types of cinnamon are: Ceylon and Cassia.
- Cinnamon is high in fiber and calcium which helps improve colon health.
- Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant that aids in controlling blood sugar.
- Cinnamon also contains other minerals such as iron and magnesium.
- Cinnamon compliments both sweet and salty dishes (and drinks).
- Cinnamon is often used in traditional medicine.
- Cinnamon also has many alternative benefits such as for beauty products and the house.
What fun facts! Did you learn something about cinnamon that you didn't know before? If you are now craving the classic spice, our That's it. Apples + Cinnamon Bars are quick and delicious way to enjoy all of its benefits plus the nutrients of 2 whole servings of fruit! Try an Apples + Cinnamon Bar today!