Curious about pears? Want to learn more about these sweet fruits? Here are 10 interesting pear facts.
10 Pear Facts:
- There are over 3000 varieties of pears worldwide.
- The majority of pears sold in the United States are grown on the west coast, mainly Oregon and Washington.
- The United States is one of the largest producers of pears in the world.
- A medium pear has about 100 calories.
- Although pears mature on the tree, they ripen best off the tree.
- Every United States pears are picked by hand.
- Pears are one of the few fruits that have an extensive history, reaching back to about 1000 B.C.
- Pears used to be called “butter fruit” for its soft, butter-like texture.
- Pears are a part of the rose family.
- Pear tree wood is often times used to construct musical instruments, furniture, and other wooden décor.
We've Got a Pair of Pear Fruit Bars Just For You
Hungry for pears now? Try one of our delicious That's it. Apple+Pear or Apple+Pear+GingerBars! Our wholesome That's it. Fruit Bars are made with 100% real fruit and nothing else. No added sugars, purees, or concentrates, just great flavor and two whole servings of Non-GMO fruit.